Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New blog, new me

There's not a lot of words that make me feel ooky inside, but I'd have to say that "blogging" is one of them. I've kept a livejournal since, oh, forever- about 2001. Somehow that seemed less pretentious. "Everyone uses blogger. Everyone keeps a blog. I keep a journal." I guess I didn't get (in my high school mind) that just because other people use something isn't a good reason not to use it.

That makes no sense in print.

There are lots of things I like about LJ that Blogger doesn't really have- namely, the community aspect. There are lots of things I don't like about it, though. And instead of altering my existing journal (or journals- I think I have three, at last count, all mostly un-updated in any substantial fashion for months or weeks or even years) I have decided to start a new one. And the best part about it is that nobody will care- I don't know many people on blogger, I'm not going to seek out new people, and I'm certainly not going to tell people about this blog. (Eew. Blog. Gross.)

So yeah. First post, new blog, new me. Welcome, nonexistent readers.

No comments: